In class, you will learn and practice:
• How to identify life-threatening bleeding
• How to stop bleeding quickly with pressure, wound packing and tourniquets
• How to apply chest seals and make your own when you have limited supplies for sucking chest wounds
• How to effectively bandage wounds including difficult areas like the neck and armpit
• Why hypothermia is so dangerous for severely bleeding patients, and how to help prevent it
How is this different from a first aid class?
Many first aid courses cover bleeding control in a few PowerPoint slides, for a total of 10 to 15 minutes. At WIS, we wanted to challenge this norm by prioritizing the number one cause of preventable death by injury. That's why we dedicated an entire course to it, with 2-3 hours of training exclusively covering Stop The Bleed® principles.
Class Location and Info
Our classrooms address is 22600-D Lambert St. Suite 1003 Lake Forest CA 92630 on the second floor. We are also available for corporate, Law Enforcement, job-site, and team training. We can travel to your So Cal area for corporate, for an additional $25 per student, out of state/country travel will be a custom price. Minimum class size for travel is 6 students. Additional charges apply for travel outside of the So Cal region.
Please wear clothes that can get dirty, fake blood and a pork shoulder wound packing skill station can get messy. This is why so many medical courses fail, they don’t try to make simulations (if done at all ) life like.
If you have any questions or want to see about further class dates, please email us at: email@example.com
Interested in workplace or group training? please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
*PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST HAVE PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN ATTEND WITH THEM.
*If class is empty, student must sign up 24 hours before start time